Welcome!

I hope you enjoy your visit to my blog, and please feel free to contact me at my Etsy shop; https://www.BirchValleyStudio.etsy.com for price inquiries or custom orders. ~~~~~You may also like to look at my deviantART page; http://mslinden.deviantart.com/ or follow me on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/BirchValleyStudio for current updates and a wider range of examples of my work.

Tuesday 22 December 2015

...As the Holiday Season settles upon us, with the longest night embracing us in it's inky depths, and 2015 screeching toward it's close, here's an update on a piece a looooong time in the making... ;)

From her very humble beginnings, started in a new studio, in a new country, with new friends and the prospect of bright things to come...to her completion, in a completely new studio, in a different location, where bright things definitely happen, and with the same wonderful Bestie present and encouraging through it all. (Though I did consider abandoning this piece, several times, I'm glad I allowed myself to be convinced/brow-beaten to stick with it. ;) ) 'Autumn' is complete! :D (Now to get started on the other three Seasons, which will hopefully not take nearly as long... ;) )

From my family to yours, I hope you all have a wonderful Yuletide Season, and a joyous, and prosperous New Year!

After two years of sporradic work on her, through surgeries, illness, moving house, and building a new studio, here she is! Done in inks, coloured pencils, pigment pens, and acrylics on heavyweight card stock, (and peppered with sleepless nights, rainy days and some pretty intense and colourful language on occasion ;) ) she has easily been one of the most time intensive pieces I've veer attempted...(Seriously, what was I thinking when I first began sketching in all that hair?! :o )

Inspired by local plants, animals and all the rich colours and textures of  the season, I'm pretty pleased with how it all came together.

I'll be making limited eddition, signed and numbered prints, and the original will be available for purchase, either as part of the set, or individually.

Hope you like her, and thanks for hanging in there with me.
<3 Vicki, I couldn't have done it without you! <3 

It all seemed so 'simple' when she was just a few lines on the paper... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment