Welcome!

I hope you enjoy your visit to my blog, and please feel free to contact me at my Etsy shop; https://www.BirchValleyStudio.etsy.com for price inquiries or custom orders. ~~~~~You may also like to look at my deviantART page; http://mslinden.deviantart.com/ or follow me on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/BirchValleyStudio for current updates and a wider range of examples of my work.

Wednesday 22 July 2015

Hello again from deep in the wilds of Sweden! 

Let's see... So far Spring and Summer have been a flurry of activity, ranging from building planting and nurturing my very first veggie/berry garden, (during what is now apparently one of the chilliest Summers in a while, so I think the only thing I may get is a load of salad and peas, but still, omnomnom ;) ) to painting more 'pet portraits and some fantasy art, setting up the studio in the old guest house, designing and making a new line of jewellery using quartz found in my own back yard, making silver pieces textured with granit, (also from my yard, and SO sparkly ;) ) and experiments involving spray paint and flowers from the garden and hedgerow. (Whew! That was a mouthful! ;) ) I also took part in the first ever Hyltekonstrunda, and the local fair and BIG outdoor market Unnarydsdagen, and yesterday I was interviewed by a lovely journalist from Hallandsposten, for an article on my hobbies and creations, to be published next week. Exciting times! :D

Below are some of the projects/creations/madness I've been working on...I hope you enjoy, and I'll see you here again soon! <3 <3 <3




Since it didn't seem fair to have done a portrait of the puppy and not 'The Girls', here they are! :D



A lovely custom pair of bangles done for the sweetest of people. Other custom pieces this season included twiggy engagement rings... So romantic. <3





The studio all set up for the Summer and ready for visitors! 



One my new local quartz pieces, paired with a raw sapphire. Mmm...Rock candy. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment